It is possible to mount your TV on a brick wall. This is the method preferred by many individuals. You will learn How to Mount A TV on A Brick Wall in this post.
This method of mounting the TV is even more secure than many other methods because it offers more stability to the TV. You can also follow this tutorial even for an LG TV mount
While this method may be a more secure option, it, however, requires a lot of effort and preparation on your part.
Before you can do the mounting, you will need adequate experience in this regard. If you do not have such experience, then you should hand it over to reliable technicians.
Mounting your TV on a brick wall will help to save a lot of space in your home. If there is a space issue in your home, this method will turn out to be one of the best options for you. Mounting your TV on a wall can equally improve the aesthetics of your home.
Many modern-day TVs are designed in such a way to enable easy wall installation. The modern-day TV can be easily hung on the wall of your living room like artwork.
Table of Contents
How to Mount A TV on A Brick Wall
Are you a DIY person? Then you will find the information provided in this write-up helpful. We will provide you with detailed information on how to mount your TV on a brick wall and also show you the various tools you will need for the installation.
Tools required for wall mounting:
- TV wall bracket: Wall brackets are available in different sizes and this means you can find the perfect size for any size of the TV. The bracket will be attached to the back of the TV for easy mounting.
- Power drill: The power drill is required for making a hole in the wall where the bracket is to be attached. You can use any power drill for this. However, a cordless drill with a hammer is the best option. An impact driver is not a good choice since it can get the screws over-tightened.
- Masonry drill bits: You cannot do without this tool when you want to mount your TV on a brick wall. The tips are chisel-like and their wings are made to drill holes into bricks and concrete. Many of the faster kits out there today come with a masonry bit.
- Level: It will help you to get as close as possible while the installation is going on so that you can get the installation right.
- Permanent marker: this is a good marking tool for brick walls and it functions perfectly where others fail.
- Concrete screws or anchors: These can be used for hanging your TV in a brick. You can go for either concrete screw or plastic wall anchor too. However, a concrete screw is the better choice if you are dealing with heavy TVs, like TVs that weigh up to 75 pounds. A plastic wall anchor screw will work just fine for lightweight TVs.
- Driver bit: it is a Philip driver for plastic anchor screws and can be tightened into the drill driver
- Washers: They cover up the holes and slots on the mounting hardware in case the holes are too large for the screw head.
- Tape measure: This ensures accurate bracket placement
- Rubber mallet or hammer: You can use this tool to tap the anchor into bricks. Many feel a hammer is more practical than a rubber mallet.
- Small shop vac: It can be used for removing the dust produced during the installation process and ensuring the floor is kept clean after.
- Safety gear: It helps to protect the individual during the installation. It includes items like a dust mask and safety glasses to protect the lungs and eyes of the person.
How to Mount A TV on A Brick Wall – Step By Step!
The steps below can help you to hang your TV on a brick wall
- Choose a location: You need to choose where you want to install the TV. It is better installed on a blank wall. Look for a location not far from a wall socket or electrical outlet.
- Choose the right height: The TV should not be too high on the wall. Fix the bracket to the back of the TV while it is facing down. You can follow the manufacturer’s direction to get it right. The height should not be too far from the wall socket so that the cable can be close enough.
- Mark the drill holes: Mark out the spots to drill on the wall by placing the bracket on the wall to make sure the bracket is in the right position using the level. The permanent marker can be used to indicate the particular location to drill the hole.
- Drill the hole: The hammer drill can be used to drill the holes on the spot where you have earlier marketed with a permanent marker. Continue the drilling until the desired depth is reached.
- Install the plastic anchor: The next thing to do is to put the plastic anchor in the holes you have drilled. You can do this using a rubber mallet or hammer. Make sure the plastic anchors are flushed with the wall. You do not need to apply a lot of force to drive in the plastic anchor.
- Install the bracket: Place the washer at the neck of the screws before slotting the screws into the brackets for installation. Make sure the screws are well tightened so that the bracket can remain firm against the wall. Also, check if the installed bracket is level.
- Get the TV installed: If the TV uses a two-piece bracket, you can simply install the TV bracket on the wall bracket. If it is a one-piece bracket, you can ask someone else to help you hold the TV as you screw it into the wall bracket. You can hide the cables by placing furniture under the TV.
If you do not have the adequate knowledge to carry out the installation, you can always hire someone to do it for you.
You should be able to get a reliable technician that can help to get the TV mounted on a brick wall perfectly. The entire installation process should not even take up to one hour of your precious time.